- Clamshell packaging secures product(s) between two hinged sheets of thermoformed plastic.
- The plastic clamshell encloses the product on both sides and the plastic flanges (edges) can be heat sealed together.
- Clamshells may be custom molded to follow the contours of an item, or serve as a clear plastic container for holding a number of small loose pieces together.
- Tri-Fold or footed clamshells offer maximum versatility in merchandising. These packages can hang from a hook, stand alone on a shelf, or sit upright within a display or club store pallet.
- A printed insert card sells the product with compelling graphics and product information while the clear plastic provides excellent visibility. When sealed on all edges clamshell packages are especially tamper and theft resistant.
- Clamshells are recloseable and reusable if left unsealed.
- Clamshell packaging is especially effective packaging option for heavy products, or items like electronics that are a target for theft.
This article comes from andex edit released